EnerGaïa, an eco-friendly event
- A reduction in the consumption of energy, water and paper;
- Limitation and control of waste generated by the organisation of the event (reduction, reuse and recycling of waste),
- The promotion of green transport modes,
- The introduction of locally-sourced and seasonal catering;
- Initiatives to raise the awareness of partners and the public to environmental issues.
By adopting this approach, Forum EnerGaïa pursues the short-term aim of becoming an eco-friendly event.
Forum EnerGaïa policy
Local and responsible catering
- Forum EnerGaïa undertakes to provide a locally sourced and seasonal food offering
- In the food service area, no plastic bottles will be sold.
- On takeaway areas selling plastic bottles, the plastic bottle tops will be collected.
- All communications materials are printed on recycled and recyclable paper by a company holding Imprim’Vert certification
- Badge lanyards and badge holders will be collected for re-use at the 2021 edition
- Promotion of our contractors and other sustainable contributors who work alongside us in our eco-responsible approach
Promotion of green transport
- Provision of a parking area for two-wheelers
- Improved wayfinding to the tram.
- Improved connections between railway station, airport, tram and exhibition centre
- Improvement of waste sorting
- Recovery of display banners by a recycler to make bags.
- Use of LED light bulbs
- Decoration with ornamental plants that can be replanted.
- Implementation of dual flush systems in men’s, women’s and disabled toilets.
- Use of ECOLABEL or ECOCERT* cleaners