An eco-friendly event, the aim of the 14th edition
As it is dedicated to renewable energy and the transition to a low-carbon world, Forum EnerGaïa has a duty to lead by example in terms of sustainable development. This is why Forum EnerGaïa is continuing to pursue the actions that it has implemented since 2017 and upholding its policy as an eco-friendly event.
- A reduction in the consumption of energy, water and paper;
- Limitation and control of waste generated by the organisation of the event (reduction, reuse and recycling of waste),
- The promotion of green transport modes,
- The introduction of locally-sourced and seasonal catering;
- Initiatives to raise the awareness of partners and the public to environmental issues.
By adopting this approach, Forum EnerGaïa pursues the short-term aim of becoming an eco-friendly event.
Forum EnerGaïa policy
Local and responsible catering
- Forum EnerGaïa undertakes to provide a locally sourced and seasonal food offering
- In the food service area, no plastic bottles will be sold.
- On takeaway areas selling plastic bottles, the plastic bottle tops will be collected.
- All communications materials are printed on recycled and recyclable paper by a company holding Imprim’Vert certification
- Badge lanyards and badge holders will be collected for re-use at the 2021 edition
- Promotion of our contractors and other sustainable contributors who work alongside us in our eco-responsible approach
Promotion of green transport
- Provision of a parking area for two-wheelers
- Improved wayfinding to the tram.
- Improved connections between railway station, airport, tram and exhibition centre
- Improvement of waste sorting
- Recovery of display banners by a recycler to make bags.
- Use of LED light bulbs
- Decoration with ornamental plants that can be replanted.
- Implementation of dual flush systems in men’s, women’s and disabled toilets.
Good exhibitor practices
Let’s take action together for tomorrow’s world! Your responsible behaviour will support our eco-friendly approach.